In 1998, Chapmanetics was founded by Dr. Ronnie Chapman who has more than 28 years of experience as a clinical pharmacist. He received his Pharm.D. degree from Mercer University in 1988 and completed his residency in Pharmacokinetics at Georgia Baptist Medical Center in Georgia in 1989.
Dr. Chapman assisted in implementing a formal PK service at the Durham VAMC while precepting Pharm.D. students. This service eventually expanded to include medication errors and ADR’s which became critical components of the clinical pharmacy program. These services rapidly gained local recognition.
Eventually, Dr. Chapman was encouraged by one of his students to automate his clinical pharmacy services which led to the development of the various software programs that are now a part of Chapmanetics.
A little known fact is that The Med Events Tool, developed by Chapmanetics in 1999 and released in 2000, was the first automated med errors tracking program to be released in the US.
- Clinical Hospital Pharmacy
- Chain Retail Pharmacy
- Medical Sciences Liaison
- Associate Professor of Pharmacy
- Pharmacokinetics Course Director
- Pharmacology Course Director
- Pharmacokinetics Service Director
- Pharmacy Student Preceptor
- Co-Chair Dean’s Diversity Board of Advisors
- Expert Witness in Medical Malpractice
- Developer of as many as 5 Clinical Pharmacy Apps (including first automated med errors program)